Public Policy Committee
The AABE® was founded to ensure African Americans and other minorities have a voice in the formation of energy policy. The organization closely monitors state and federal legislative and regulatory policies. Additionally, through its Legislative Issues and Public Policy (LIPP) Committee, the organization assesses these policies and their impact on communities.
AABE® founders understood the strong correlation among energy resource development, economic growth, and expanding opportunities for underrepresented minorities to participate more fully in the U.S. economy. It is through that understanding that the LIPP Committee develops policy principles to guide our involvement on critical issues in the policy debate. As a result, AABE® remains a leading voice in supporting the interests of minorities in the formation of national and international energy policy.
Committee Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic focus of the chapter through forums, general meetings, service opportunities and activities that will help the membership grow professionally and develop personally
- Topics include energy issues, professional development series, awards programs, fundraising tournaments and community service activities
- Local meetings occur monthly at 8:45 AM. Local, regional and national AABE® events are under development for 2019. Please view the Events for updates. RSVPs are sometimes required.
- Energy Chairperson - Carla Walker-Miller (WMES)
- For more information, please contact the AABE® Michigan Chapter Secretary.